3.02.2008

Five Year Anniversary


It's hard to believe, but Saturday was Greg's and my five-year anniversary! Considering our "situation," we celebrated a little differently this year - no big trips, wild nights, or extravagant dinners. Instead, we took a day trip to several smaller North Carolina ski towns a couple of hours away. We spent our day touring Blowing Rock, Boone, and Banner Elk. It was fun to see these towns we had heard a lot about, and we were a little jealous that we couldn't spend the day skiing like most of the other people in there.

We also visited the Banner Elk Winery (see photos above). It was a lot of fun, and Greg really liked the wine. We returned to Asheville late in the afternoon - with a new appreciation of our town - and went to a nice restaurant downtown for appetizers, then another restaurant for dessert. Although it was a calm celebration, it was really fun and will be a good memory for us to share.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sue said...

I thought about y'all yesterday! It sounds like you had a great day! Happy Anniversary!

Springer and Laura Susan said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! So excited about your little one!

The Hamburgers said...

Happy Anniversary - I cannot believe it has been five years! Time flies when your having fun!!

Amanda said...

Hi! Congrats! I saw your mama last weekend in Elba. I'm so excited for you! I do sell the paintings. I have a few stores in town who carry them, but you can also order from me.
I love the blog - I sent it to John.