Today is also a sad day because it marks the end of my maternity leave. I have been so lucky to have been able to spend so much time with Greer since she was born. I feel like her first few months have been such an important time for us to get to know each other, and I'm so glad I was able to do that; however, tomorrow will be tough when I return to work. While I completely trust and feel confident with the care she'll be given at her new school, it will be hard not to see her whenever I want to, not to know what she's doing, and not to be able to comfort her when she's upset. I know I'm not the first mother to return to work and leave their child in the care of others, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'm trying to stay positive and look forward to feeling productive again at work, having fun with my coworkers, and regaining a side of myself that's not just a mother. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...
Clean Eating 101
10 years ago

2 comments:
I am really thinking about you this week! I hope all goes well. It is great to be a work-outside-the-home mom, but soooo hard and soooo much work. Please call me/e-mail me if you want to chat...or cry...or vent! :) Best of luck to you and Greer!
Hope you're having a great day back at work without too many tears! I know it's hard, but you will adjust and actually look forward to some adult time at work and being able to use your brain cells! I agree with Sue that it is very hard, but so rewarding! I think it makes you a better mom to be able to get away from your baby for several hours a day. Believe it or not, it is refreshing and you are more energetic and not worn down by the daily grind!
Post a Comment