9.29.2008

First Day of School

Today was Greer's first day of school. When I dropped her off this morning, there were some tears (from me, not her), but things got better as the day went on. Greg called mid-morning to check on her, and was told she was having a great time. When I picked her up at lunch (I'm just working half-days today and tomorrow), one of her teachers was holding her and Greer was smiling at the teacher. They told me she was "a delight," and so much fun to hold and play with. I think tomorrow will be easier for me now that I know she enjoys it there and her teachers are enjoying her. As soon as we got home, she fell asleep from all the excitement of her first day of school!

2 comments:

Sue said...

So glad that you and Greer both did well on your first day post maternity leave. It is hard...but it gets better--never easy (can it ever be easy to leave your child?!?), but better. Such a cute picture of her wiped out after making new friends!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

I am so proud of you! I know it was hard, but it sounds like you did SO much better than me! I didn't even bother putting on make-up before leaving for work that first day! I am happy that Greer is adjusting to her new friends too! It will get easier!